Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma or GED with 15 college creditsEnlisted
Every Air Force base and installation around the world is like a city unto itself — and every city requires electricity. It is a fundamental utility that allows our command centers and Airmen to successfully fulfill their missions. Installing, repairing and maintaining this electrical network is the job of the Electrical Systems specialists. Imagine if our space command couldn’t communicate with our satellites or if our hospitals couldn’t operate their lifesaving equipment, and you begin to see just how vital this career is to the Air Force.
- Install, service, modify and repair electrical equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and industrial electronic circuits and equipment
- Repair and restore service to failed overhead and underground electrical systems
- Climb poles to the height of 40 feet using gaffs
- Install, maintain and repair overhead distribution systems required for Air Force Service Code (AFSC) award
- Install and maintain airfield lighting systems as well as other specialized electrical systems
There are no videos at this time.
Interested in learning more?