Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma or GED with 15 college creditsEnlisted
Helicopters play a larger role in the Air Force mission than most people suspect, and that’s why having first-rate Helicopter Maintenance specialists is so vital. From rescue operations to special forces insertions, our helicopters do it all, and they need to be able to do it at a moment’s notice. Specialists need to be good with their hands, quick with their problem-solving and have a superb attention to detail because the smallest mistake can be the difference between mission success and failure.
- Perform preventive maintenance by inspecting the helicopter airframe and its various systems
- Repair and maintain (remove, install, adjust) and perform operational checks of systems such as rotor, transmission and drive, landing gear, fuel, hydraulic and electrical
- Adjust, align and calibrate aircraft systems
- Service various helicopter systems, ground handling, launch and recovery and disassembly and reassembly of the helicopter
- Prepare aircraft for movement to and from storage
- Request and assist engine mechanic and electrician specialists as required
There are no videos at this time.
Interested in learning more?